Improve Your Website Performance by Deleting Post Revisions in WordPress
Post revisions is one of the best features introduced in WordPress 2.6, this version control feature takes the backup of your content as you write it so that you can revert if something goes wrong.
Post revisions is a good feature in WordPress but it makes your database bigger by storing revisions which are of no use and hard to process the database. It is a good idea to remove these post revisions from WordPress which makes it easy to process the database and improve the website performance as well. So here is how to delete post revisions from WordPress.
- Prevent Content Theft PRO WordPress Plugin
- Best WordPress Plugins to Detect Adblock Extension and Avoid it
How to Delete Post Revisions from WordPress to Improve the Performance
There is a small WordPress plugin available called “WP Sweep” which helps to do this task. Follow the steps below to delete WordPress post revisions with WP Sweep plugin
- Go to “Plugins >> Add New” and search for WP Sweep plugin
- Install the WP Sweep plugin and activate it
- Go to “Tools >> Sweep” option, In “Post Sweep” you can see how many post revisions are there, click on “Details” to see all the post revisions
- Before clicking on the “Sweep” button, backup your database so that you can revert the database if something goes wrong, you can use WP-DBManager plugin to take the backup of your database
- Click on the “Sweep” button to delete all the post revisions stored in the database
Is it Safe to Delete WordPress Post Revisions?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to delete post revisions from the WordPress, in fact, it is an essential task to clean up the WordPress database, our database size was around 6MB earlier and got reduced to 4 MB after deleting the WordPress post revisions.